Stamps that look like pictures and pictures that look like stamps!

This discussion was created from comments split from: Member Story Tellers at Hip Stamps.

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited January 2018 0 LikesVote Down
    Stamps that look like pictures and pictures that look like stamps!! When I started selling stamps years ago I don't remember running into this problem but a recent sale on Hip Stamps made me think about this. I don't want to embarrass a new customer and I don't mean to. He did tell me he felt stupid after my explanation so here is the story. The buyer told me he got a Canada #BK209a without the stamps. I knew the guy was okay by the way he wrote so my immediate reaction was to send him another example of this and wrote him to tell I didn't know what happened but I would send him another one. However, then I thought of what he wrote and decided to send him another note. I explained that this booklet contained self adhesive stamps stuck in the booklet. and they looked much like nice photos. Sure enough he checked it out and he thought I had only sent photos. He was very apologetic about it all but in order to make him feel better I told him this story. Several years ago a guy showed up with a heavy load of Canadian Annual collections which he had bought in a dollar store. He thought the nice photos were actually useful postage stamps. That guy was very disappointed when I pointed out to him that these were only photos. Shows the importance of staying on your toes in this age of great photo reproductions. Should be a wonderful year for selling stamps.