Philatelic clutter

2»

Comments

• But I don't want to waste the card stock or ink when I can get them for free! I'm cheap and I admit it.

Thanks, Greg. I'll wait, which I don't do very well.
  • Not with bulk prepaid business reply postage to the APS membership folks you can't.
  • I used to order smaller amounts that came without my name printed upon them and just applied the ink stamp that I used on my circuit book purchases as an ID. I found that I went thru them so quickly, I ended up ordering the larger number with printing.
    Fun fact: they also serve as handy stiffeners for small stamp orders.
    Whatever funds I end up with will eventually be taken out of my account and donated back to the APS.
  • Okay so they stopped the charge witch is probably good idea. I have to order some more then since I would print my name and number on each card.
  • Honestly, even a lazy guy like me can make their own cards cheaper and faster than farming them out.
  • Kris, you do you and I'll do me. We will not agree and that is totally okay. I just prefer the cards from APS.
  • That s fine...you're free to waste your own time and money on something frivolous. It's the American Way.
  • "That s fine...you're free to waste your own time and money on something frivolous. It's the American Way."

Time: Maybe 2-minutes to get onto the APS site and click to order however many cards one wants.
    Money: They're FREE to members.
    Frivolous: Helping to sign up collectors for the society is frivolous??

Time and money being wasted is for those that print their own, but by all means, have at it.
  • I guess one could print them yourself and send them to folks. Ok. No problem there. But then the person is then going to have to provide their own postage to mail it to APS. The ones provided by APS, pre-printed or blank, are business reply cards with prepaid postage. Fill them out and pop them in the mail. Easier than waking up in the morning and effective. Do whatever you want on this. It is not that big of a deal.
  • Go back to your Korn field George.

So you belong to any clubs? What is your APS #?
  • I wonder if the Eric Spielvogel that was mentioned in the latest APS newsletter is the one I had for Aero 307 (Structures) back at PSU.
    I remember not giving him a very good review after taking his class.
  • LOL.....thanks for the trip back to grammar school.
  • Did you graduate?
This discussion has been closed.