Blue Paper Issues

2»

Comments

• edited March 2023 0 LikesVote Down
    Don’t be so hard on yourself Berrien, you’re not analphabetic.
  • Oh good. I was so worried
  • I was thinking the same thing Ted.
  • Texas Forever :)
  • Just FYI. Siegel requires references. Hopefully Hipstamp will suffice.
  • Their reply was:

Unfortunately, we do not recognize Hip Stamps as a reference since they are an Ebay store.

I replied to the contrary and got approved to bid. But that still sticks.
  • 359 - $1300
    362 - $1700
    362 - $1200
    364 - $2700

All too much for me.
  • Between the negative perceptions on stamp forums and the identification of HipStamp (singular) as an ebay store, it looks like Hip’s publicity and marketing people have their jobs cut out for them.
  • Bob,
    The Siegel auctions are a strong indicator of the realized value of stamps in their grade. Siegel also don't just accept any material, so the singles they sell are typically going to be at have a least a value of $300 and they prefer higher. For FW materials, generally VF would be minimum and most of the time a graded cert is accompanied. If you're looking for bargains they can be found at Siegel, it's going to be getting a $12,000 stamp for $9,000.
    Not saying you won't find items selling for $150, but not material that has a $1,000 CV to start with. (Their opening bid would be something like $250 - $300 for a $1,000 CV, and if no bid then it would be "passed", usually for a future sale).
  • Scott. The quality of their material was evident. And priced accordingly.
  • Scott. I finally took a look at my Scott Catalog. The blue paper issue is bigger than I thought. Getting a 359 and holding.
  • Oh yeah...I think there are bugs around here alright
  • Not sure what you mean by "the blue paper issue is bigger than I thought"?
  • Scott, my album had spaces for only half of the stamps.
  • Ah, some albums skip the very high values (not just bluish paper).
    But that is odd. What album is it?

• Scott Minuteman. Bought in the 1970s. Used. Now barely fits in two binders. Really thinking about replacing the early pages.
  • Might be time for a full album rethink if it's that old.
  • Full album rethink. It’s all the mounts that holds me back.
  • Yeah, I understand that. I went through it about 10 years ago when I moved everything out of Harris and Scott albums. It's a big undertaking, but it can result in a renewed collection.