Favorite Photos & Philatelic Eye Candy

Comments

• That is very very cool Luree.
    Love the history.
  • Awesome commemorative coin, Luree, on so many levels !
  • Thank you both Scott and George. It will find a home with the Morgan's and Peace and Walking Libertys.
  • I used to have one of those and I still might have it. Don't know since I have gone through a lot things in my 50 odd years of selling. Nice medal.
  • 1954 Block of 4 Scott 1709) commemorating the 300 years of the Russia and Ukraine Union. Interesting in light of current events.
  • edited March 2023 1 LikesVote Down
    I've always been attracted to the engraving found on early revenue stamps and was beyond ecstatic to come across a batch of blue 1897 Canadian Gas Inspection issues in a recently bought box lot.

12a

12e
  • Nice. Those are really great George.
  • Those are beauties, eh! BTW, Bentley was complaining to me this evening that he hasn't heard from Mouse lately. How is that ol' brown dog doing?
  • Well, I spent from December 28th of last year to the end of January in the hospital, so the Mouse was/is being fostered by a couple from my old Church (2-hours south from here). I still have some recuperating to do and expect to have him back home with me somewhere around mid-March. From the reports I've been getting, he's having a grand old time hanging out with his two new girlfriends...
    mouse c girlfriends
  • Ol' Mouse got himself a harem now. Nice! He's going to be pissed when he has to leave them for you. LOL!
  • Nothing a nice steak won't cure ;) LOL
  • Oh yeah! That might just do it!
  • A bit of reflection....I want to point out that this thread was all Phil's fault....Well done amigo!!! A record setter!

Keep this rolling!!!

Screenshot 2023-02-28 234239
  • I am only too happy that so many have enjoyed this thread and participated with it.
  • It's been a while since I've been here but I've joined this club.
    https://www.wilkinsburgstampclub.com/about.php

Hoping to have some philatelic displays at the Wilpex.
  • From Austria's dynamic designer/engraver duo of Adalbert Pilch and Rudolf Toth:
    6 baroque frescoes at various locations. Scott Nr 824-829 (1968)
  • edited March 2023 0 LikesVote Down
  • Beautiful stamps
  • Gosh, I'm a wee bit embarrassed and hesitant to contribute...with all the really lovely stamps y'all always are sharing.
    As some of you know, I collect centerline blocks of 4, mostly Franklin/Washington imperfs, but I stumbled across this Used 573 CLB. There just can't be very many of these CLBs around, mint or used.
    Hope y'all enjoy it, at least a little bit :smile:
    HT
    Screen Shot 2023-03-02 at 10.02.44 PM
  • That is a big ATTABOY for that one. Very cool. Next time I'm in Kyle visiting my daughter, I need to sneak by and bother you. Keep 'em coming hombre'!
  • This is one of the most unappreciated issues in Modern US stamps. I like this one a lot, and the CLB is really cool. Nice block!
  • Greg, anytime your in Kyle, give me a shout. Drinks are on me :)
  • O-kee. I'm back now. My old phone finally gave up the ghost and I'm relearning everything on this new thingies, especially the camera package. It's nice to have a device that doesn't stutter and stumble, but the old phone was like an old shirt, ya know?

Well. Here's some new stuff
    .20230304_113512
    This is a maxi-card of Affars & Issas C57, the local short wave station from 1970. I presented the stamp much earlier in the thread. This is a great go-along.

20230304_113154
    St. Pierre and Miquelon 443-45, small change pictorials from 1975.

20230304_113752
    20230304_113849
    New Caledonia 331 & 332 maxi-cards, from the wonderful flower set of 1964-65.

All these are from a batch from a French dealer that I got in yesterday. And, as they used to say on the Tonight Show, "More to Come."
  • edited March 2023 0 LikesVote Down
    20230304_130353
    St. Pierre & Miquelon C54. I've long liked this design with rhe Transall 160. I finally have in in my sweaty hands.

20230304_124744
    Fr. West Africa C1, the UPU issue from 1949. And imperf, no less. I think this is my earliest French Community imperf.

20230304_131851
    Tunisia B108 imperf from 1949. I don't know anything about this item, yet, i don't even collect Tunisia. But, it's imperf and Fr. Community, so I'll keep it for later.
  • IMG_20230309_133258
    Here's a page I made for my World Collection. I do like obscure was countries
  • Stamps that are clearly SO endemic to their issuing country that ya just gotta love them (especially if ya read 'Babar' as a kid)...

28-scfopt
  • Laotian Heffalumps! Very cool!