The new Hipstamp sucks

edited April 2022 in Bugs 1 LikesVote Down
I can't understand how the morons at Hipstamp can even remotely think this new system is better than the old system. You had the most user friendly site but now it is just horrible and completely user unfriendly.
Today I had a customer who found a mistake in one of my listings. It used to be that ypu would go to view my store , type in the country & catalog number, hit search and there it was. After about an hour or so I still haven't figuered out how to find a listing in my store. I view my store and try to type in the country & ctatalog number hit search
and nothing at all happens. Period!!!! I have no idea what to do. This is a real
improvement huh??
Everything about this new site is either harder to use or doesn't work or is alot slower than before. An improvement? That is BS.
The people responsible for programming this junk should at the very least be fired. If I did my job tris poorly I wouldn't have one , why do they?
I am so frustrated with this site that i will probably end up closing my store soon and I've been here since March 2005.
[REDACTED BY STAFF]

Comments

• 21 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • after selecting view my store.You now enter the country in the upper block. when selecting view my store the upper block now says current store and that's where you enter desired country.

John
  • Fredrick,

Normally if someone tells me I have a problem with a listing, they have contacted me from the listing they are questioning. I simply open that listing from the message that I was sent and make necessary changes. If they sent you a message from another listing or a direct email, you can follow John M.'s suggestions if your screen provides you a menu; however I don't always have that option. Many times I don't have a menu option available, but only Sign In, Sign Up and Cart. In this case, I click on Sign In. Then I proceed to the Selling Area and click on Listings. This brings you to a page that shows all of your listings. Simply type in County and number in the box "Listing Title or ID" to locate the listing you need to edit.
  • Just love all the changes and no notice of what has been done. You can also sign in and then select menu on the top line right.
    The second input listed is Store settings/view my store, select view my store. This is where the change is I believe in the previous display you entered the desired country in the the box uder the stores name. NOW the information is entered in the top line, notice it now says "in this store".

John
  • John Eckhardt , thanks that woeked well.
    John Meyers , I did all you are saying before I went on this rant, The problem is I can get into my store but it is not allowing me to search for anything because when I see that search this store line as soon as I type in 1 letter of the country the search this store icon to the left disappears and you can't search anything.
    My whole point to this rant is why make the site so hard to use? It's nuts!! even when Gibbons owned this site the layman could easily use it but not with the "improvements". Why would Hip want their site to be so user unfriendly I for one am getting tired of pulling my hair out trying to use this site. This site is right now the worst site I've ever used.
  • search works for me. I agree not very user friendly

John
  • Wow, Fredrick, have you tried to go to "Listings" to look for your stamp there?

I guess I'm in a boat of my own, I'm not having anywhere near the problems with Hip as some have stated. Learning and remembering where to click is the only problem I have, but that will come with time. Just as when I first started with BidStart, learning where things are located.

And if your customer found the mistake, did they notify you with a message through "Contact Seller or Seller Question" whichever way it states? You should be able to click on the image and then edit.

Good Luck and stay positive,
    Luree
  • I answered in the other thread that you ranted in. Why start two threads saying the same thing? Not necessary.
  • Gee Laree , I'm guessing you'xe never screwed up. I inadvertantly double clicked on post comment and it double posted,
  • edited April 2022 0 LikesVote Down
    Oh man, I hate when that happens. No prob. Stuff happens.
  • I don't seem to have all the problems everyone else does, but I have my share. It seems they have chosen to treat us like employees, not customers. Then again, I'll bet the employees have a better idea than we do. I keep asking myself what's a mutha to do about it? The only answer I can come up with is find a new site, but then all that wasted work to get started here and Ebay sucks so hard. Why is it so hard to have a little transparency and update us on what's is going on and what attempts are being made to fix it? It seems to me, that is all that most of us are asking for.
  • Gee Frederick, that's gross. Please don't share your S&M sexual fantasies on the forums. And I'm never going to northern PA! (Play theme from Deliverance.)
  • Gee Maloney are you really that dumb or just that perverted? That would be a way to have my 600 lb. bear visit them Not the brightest bulb in the pack are you?
  • I am actually surprised that HS did not take down the original post on this forum discussion? Although not explicitly called out in the forum T &Cs I would think threating physical harm to a HS employee is against the rules
    I understand getting frustrated with changes but from my experience HS works well for me, no problems with email, I do not have an eBay store so no issue there, I can find and edit all of my listings easily. I mostly use the bulk lister for new items and that is a charm compared to previous iterations under BidStart and SG
    I have only been on HS since 2010 so maybe there was a more perfect system under Stampwants but I find that what we have to day easily meets all of my needs, no need for me to look else where. IMO
  • Well, I am most certainly not the brightest bulb and I have had my intelligence questioned before, by smarter people than you.. But to suggest that I am perverted, well sir, thems fighting words where I come from. As we used to say in my hockey days, "You wanna go?"
  • Maloney , How you ever got something sexual from my post is beyond comprehension, What an idiot.
    As usual on this site we're getting way off the original train of thought.
    Mr almond , this site was always from the beginning as easy to use as any site ever was, That is until they implemented the new Hipstamp. This whole format is horrible next to what we had. It wasn't broke but they fixed it anyway. Some of the changes are just mindboggling such as moving the forums button from the top left corner to the bottom of the page. Is that an improvement? when they brought this new system online I had to figure out how to get to my sales page. It took a couple of hours to figure it out. Again quite an annoyance.
    It seems I'm not the only one having problems with this new site. Just reading the forums there are alot of people having a vast multitude of problems with the site. For instance when they started this new site I had the menu button on the top left of the screen. Suddenly one day that button disappeared. Support told me it was my browser , even though nothing was changed. I tried another browser , Google Chrome but that did nothing either. The screen was the same. A couple days later I inadvertently clicked on the bars next to Hipstamp at the top left of the page and low & behold the menu came up.
    I still can't get anything to work when trying to find one of my listings in my store. That includes the suggestions I've gotten on this forum. I am completely frustrated by this site.
  • edited April 2022 2 LikesVote Down
    Fredrick, I can certainly understand your post and I bet more than a few here feel the same way and simply leave this disaster of a site, saying nothing as they leave. I quit selling here after the Sync failures and Fake Fantasy feedback BS. I do buy here if I find anything i want , priced within reason. You should retry Ebay. It has turned into a nice site with great prices per listings after its years of abusing the sellers. I actually think it is the absolute overall best site for selling stamps. This site is a disaster. I could explain and complain here for pages of posts on the incompetence of the programmers under the current management- but why bother. it will not change for the better. Just laugh it off and go back to Ebay. :-) I noticed the changes in the Store search system also. it sucks from a buyers viewpoint and took me a bit to almost figure out? Why? are they so bored they need to ruin the site for buyers also? The only solution is to find another site and only Ebay exist. I do not see this site fixing anything but they will ruin what is left in time. the changes have also caused the inventory on this site to become a museum of overpriced items with some pleasant exceptions. (my experience) I'm sure a few here are fine with things not that cheer leading or boot licking here has any advantage.
  • edited April 2022 1 LikesVote Down
    I might add that the search in a persons store is the most important thing to a seller or buyer. To mess with it or confuse the buyers is insane. WHY do this? it is almost as if someone wants to redirect the sales to other stores or the main search bar? The search bar for the stores worked just fine.. now it is gone and the main search bar is the store search.. very confusing and the search bar in the store is now relegated to 2nd class status and gives the option to leave the store when that was not the intention of the buyer. this is customer manipulation to get the buyer to leave the store. Sellers -You pay for this search bar and you just got further ripped off. This search bar is the MOST Important feature of your store and it is now less than before. It is also annoying and confusing to a buyer and if not used correctly it goes to site search and your buyer is gone from your store. This change is a Ripp-off and Insult to all sellers, in my opinion.
  • With regard to the Search Bar within stores, there was previously a primary search bar in our header, which allowed buyers to search our entire website, and there was a secondary, smaller search bar that allowed a buyer to search within a store. This was confusing to buyers, and the secondary search bar was not even shown to buyers on mobile/table - which accounts for about half of our traffic. I would agree that here, the store search certainly had 2nd class status, and often lead to buyers unintentionally leaving a Seller's store as a result.

Now, there is only one Search Bar within stores, which is the primary search bar in our header, and it defaults to searching within a Seller's store. This ensures that buyers within a store are always searching within a store when they enter a search - which was not the case before. Yes, they have the option to search the entire site by changing the default option - that would be the secondary option - not the default.
  • edited April 2022 0 LikesVote Down
    Hi Mark, an interesting read - https://www.venturawebdesign.com/responsive-vs-mobile-website-design/
    Personally i have two custom built desktops, a laptop and an ipad plus a iphone+. I can see the ongoing issue with phone sales. personally i would never purchase a stamp on my phone but i guess i am an exception. there are ways to build a site that accommodate both without changing to make phones the preferred method. imo. Ebay seems to have figured out a way to continue to allow a search bar on stores.
  • Jerry I appreciate your frustrations, but I don't think they are changing to site to make phones the preferred method. I too was a little frustrated when I first tried to use the new search. I had searched in my store for US 729. No problem. I then changed to 726. No problem. But it took me a few seconds to figure out how to search for another country without typing the name. Once you delete the previous search by hitting the "x", you need to search with nothing entered into the search box to bring up the list of countries represented with stamps that we were accustomed to seeing. A new learning curve, but one I can live with.
  • :-) John, sounds exactly like my experiences with it.