Email Issues?

2»

Comments

• Not to beat a dead horse, but, has anybody else noticed that the only emails being blocked are from Hip Stamp? I am getting Hip Postcard and Hip Comic just fine. If the email spam database is the culprit, then why aren't the other two sites affected?
  • SpamHaus is specifically blocking all emails sent from hipstamp.com - therefore this would not have any effect on any emails sent from any other domain name or website. We are continuing to work with SpamHaus to have this block removed on hipstamp.com and will provide an update once we have one.

If you are not receiving email due to this block, and have an alternate email address that you can use in the interim with another email provider, such as Gmail, etc. we recommend updating your email with us for the time being.
  • Thanks, Mark. I'm getting used to checking my spam folder.
  • Luree,

As I understand it, you shouldn't even be getting the messages at all because SpamHaus is a third party "spam sniffer" that a number of email providers use between the sending server and the receiving server (there are others like this that different email providers use). If those groups tag the message as spam, it won't make it to your own email provider server at all and shouldn't appear in your spam folder. If you are getting them in your spam folder, then you need to whitelist the messages/domain yourself. I have to occasionally deal with this kind of issue at my work. I hope that makes sense.

Greg
  • Well, I don't care what % it affects in the global scheme, it's affecting 100% of our emails to us.
    This needs a resolution quickly. I don't see why a conversation with SpamHaus isn't resolving the issue.
    We haven't had email updates in weeks. It's beyond a joke.
  • My emails are not coming through even into my Spam folder. I can deal with the sale emails because I get Paypal notifications. Not getting best offer notifications however, is another story. I like to respond quickly to best offer requests so unless I am constantly checking the "buyer offers" section of Admin, I don't see them.

Perhaps Hip could set up a separate email domain name for communications with sellers that would avoid the Spam filter of SpamHaus?

Bob
  • Mark you state that the only emails being blocked are coming from hipstamp.com. Would it be possible to send stamp sale notifications from hipecommerce.com instead? If so, I believe you would have a lot of happy sellers.
  • It's been days now, maybe 5 or 6 since I got any email updates on any of my "email settings". I'm only getting direct mails (from the staff, or promotions... interesting how those NEVER get blocked...)

This needs a resolution.
  • I am in the same bucket; I've used a msn.com email account for decades but it seems more and more sites that use a spam email handler are running into the same issue. I have not received hipstamp emails for weeks due to the reasons Mark/Joanne stated above. Another website that I frequent was never able to resolve their issue with the email spam processor they used and that was around a year ago. The only solutions if the company such as spamhaus cannot resolve is to use another email address or the site switches to another application.
  • Just checked ad the last notification email we received was 18 Feb. We've had nothing since then.
    @Mark Rosenberg can we please at least get some update as to what is going on here? Since I rely on other staff for our listings, and administration, the emails are one of the key indicators I have of how my store is running, especially when I'm traveling. Really need this resolved.
  • Scott your other option is to simply visit your member's area and view either Selling Reminders and/or Orders or Store Stats.
  • edited April 2022 0 LikesVote Down
    Yes, I am aware of that but it doesn't show my activity. I don't "Live" on the site, that's what my admin is for.
    I rely on the notifications for many things, especially messages from buyers, notification of offers (because I manage that, not my admin). It also gives us clear indication of performance in the auctions we run... without it I have none of that.

The bigger point here is WHERE is the service? I have a premium store, we moved here because of the features, why should I have to kludge other ways through simply because of a bug for something that used to work? This has now gone on for weeks, and there hasn't been so much as a mumble about the cause since 28 March. If they know who is blocking them, it's a simple matter of contacting them and getting it removed. I need it to work as it was, as we have built our processes around it working this way...

• We can confirm that this issue has now been resolved.
  • Thank you I can see a couple of update emails have arrived this morning.
  • Thank you, Mark. I started getting notifications yesterday.