Email Issues?

I received emails from PayPal this afternoon but have not received any emails from HipStamp about the sales.

Bob

Comments

• 45 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I stopped receiving HipStamp sales notices about two weeks ago. HipStamp support told me that they were sending them but they aren't even hitting my email server much less getting caught by my anti-spam. Still get the PP notices and other HS emails but nothing from admin@hipstamp.com. I whitelisted the address on my side and had my email provider do the same. Nothing.
  • Yeah, not getting any updates.
  • The last sales notification I received was Feb 27 but I've plenty of orders since then. Those notifications come from admin@hipstamp.com. Funny thing is that I have been getting the "Just for You" emails since and they come from the same email address. Like I said, support claims they are sending them but if they are, it's not working.
  • Whelp! Soon as we start talking about this...I just got a sale notification from HS. Duh.
  • Strange I believe I have received all HipStamp notifications for recent sales, but it seems about half of my PayPal notifications have been missing. I'm getting the money, so I'm not really too concerned.
  • I have bid and sale notifications turned on. I've not gotten a single message in 3 days, other than promotional messages.
    I sold 6 items yesterday, but only see it in the Members Area. I also don't get notification of new messages sent by members, and there was one today in the messages area... so no, there is an issue with email notifications.
  • Would like to know where my email notifications for sales are hiding? Haven't received any now for 2 days. Hard to do an order if I don't know about them. Sounds like any updates they are doing are really screwing with things.
  • I just looked and all notifications went to my spam folder. Marked them as not spam and moved to inbox. We'll see if that helps my receiving notifications.
  • They are not in my spam/junk/trash folders. Checked them all, just not coming through. Checked my settings in user account, and they are enabled (for the ones that are), but no updates coming in.
  • Email notifications are not required to process new orders. Selling reminders located at the top of the summary page will show all unprocessed orders. This is also shown at the top when viewing your own listings.
  • Yes, but I have an administrator that does our listings and manages orders. The emails are a way for me to monitor what's taking place. I see today emails regarding bids are coming through again.
  • We recently became aware that certain email providers, including Microsoft and Apple, were blocking all emails that were sent from hipstamp.com However, this issue has since been resolved.
  • Thanks Joanne!
  • This situation is NOT resolved, Joanne Jumadiao! I still have not received in ANY notifications of our sales from HipStamp.com!

We use these very important emails for our financial records! and for the past few weeks now, this has FAILED us totally!

Will we be receiving back-dated sales notifications of invoices for our records??? WE NEED THESE, please.

Kindly Please... NO LIP SERVICE. We need ACTION from HipStamp. ASAP.

Michael & Andrea
    LickinGoodStamps!
  • Been working fine for me since 3/14. Dumb question...have you checked your email server anti-spam and whitelist settings?
  • I keep on moving my notifications from spam to inbox and it is really getting annoying. Good thing PP is working just fine (hope I didn't jinx it!)
  • Depending on how you access your email (using an email client like Outlook or accessing via a browser) there should be some setting that will allow you to "whitelist" the HS email address. In other words, tell you client and/or server that this email is "ok" and not spam or junk. Using an email client, using Outlook as an example, you can right click on the message in your spam folder and tell it that messages from that particular sender is not spam. Most webmail access will allow you to do a similar thing. Just moving it from spam folder to inbox doesn't really "fix" the fact that your client/server is catching it as spam. You're just moving the message without fixing the issue.
  • edited March 2022 0 LikesVote Down
    Anything addressed from HipStamp arrives in our in box. I have my system configured as such (just as Greg Doll is trying to explain). Period.

I have 6,544 past invoices in my BS Sold (BidStart Sold) Mail Box. We are missing quite a few since their screw up! And I'm sure it has NOTHING to do with Microsoft, as I (as well as everyone else) flawlessly receive in our HipStamp Spam. Shame that they point the finger to an outside party, rather than looking in the mirror.

P.S. I also keep (as a back up) ALL PayPal invoices. But, I never look at them, I just house them.

I would just like for HipStamp to send me ALL of our INVOICES for our past transactions for our records.

Michael & Andrea
    LickinGoodStamps
  • That's weird and undoubtedly frustrating. I've been getting all of mine from HS and HPC in short order. If anything, PayPal sporadically lags behind, their notification sometimes showing up a day later (but I would blame that on Spectrum's email system which is atrocious).
  • You currently have access to all of your invoices for past transactions in the members area. Simply go to "sold orders" and all are shown with your most recent sale shown first. Why do you find it necessary to maintain a duplicate record of sales in your Mail Box? Do these emails automatically go into a BS Sold Mail Box or do you move them into it manually from your inbox? If moved manually, I suspect some could be overlooked thus resulting in inaccurate records.

You say you also save PayPal invoices. Are you sure you are receiving all of them? I know that I don't get one from them for every sale made. Money appears in my account from sales without email notification quite often.

• edited March 2022 1 LikesVote Down
    John, I manually move them over to their destination folder. And I go to the sold orders area when I pull the orders for our Customers. This is NOT what we are seeking. Andrea uses the incoming invoice to pull the orders right off of her phone. I use the sold orders to print the orders off for our Customer's order.

We have a set sequence when we pull our orders, and to be sideswiped like this is just another HipStamp Blind Side. We do many things on our side that the average HipStamp Seller doesn't do for their cliental. This is what sets us aside from most. We go the extra distance for our customers, and we like to keep our records in a professional format for our own reasons.

Sure I can go back and waste hours of my time to compare what we have to what we are missing, but I'd rather use this time to put more listings online as a positive measure of my time.

Thanks for this heads up, though!

Michael
  • We do apologize for the inconvenience, as this issue has returned at the moment. The issue is being caused, as Joanne previously indicated, by an external block being applied to us by Microsoft and Apple. This means that any emails that are being sent from hipstamp.com, which are being sent by us, are being blocked by Microsoft and Apple (they will not appear in your inbox, including your spam folder). We are once again working to get this matter resolved.

In the interim, if you use any other email address, besides Microsoft and Apple, you should receive our emails.
  • I do not use Microsoft or Apple email address and I haven't received them at the same time as others reporting the issues.
  • The external block is specifically being made by a company called SpamHaus. Microsoft and Apple use this external source as part of their email process to determine whether an email should be delivered, although a few other smaller providers do as well. Most other larger email providers, such as Gmail, AOL, and Yahoo do not. Our team is currently working directly with SpamHaus to resolve this issue and ensure that it does not happen again.
  • Thank you, Mark for your update about this situation. Hopefully they will be willing to work with you.
  • Mark
    I am not getting the emails and I use Yahoo as my mail provider.
  • Strange. I also use Yahoo and I'm getting mine. Eight sales today and 8 notices, but only 5 from PayPal.
  • And back to not getting any email updates at all again. Missing offers... just had one withdraw because we didn't respond fast enough.
  • I think the email issue, at least in part, might be beyond Hip's control. In my gmail account I get all emails except those from the IPDA. They use Gmail also, so sort that one out. I have since resolved the problem but why would it happen in the first place?
  • It happens because their domain gets put on an email spam database, and then as emails flow out of their domain, they are blocked by essentially an "internet filter". Some large email providers will subscribe to these filters to make their end-users happy(er) that they're not getting a ton of spam that is stopped before they ever see it.

Somehow, Hip's domain seems to have gotten on to one of these lists (as mentioned by Mark's post) and now they are struggling to get them to take it off. Probably because some people are complaining about spam mail coming from Hip's sites. It's a difficult line. Some people will cry "spam" for stuff they just don't want to receive, where spam should really be reserved for fully unsolicited messages (from dubious sources).
    So they have an uphill battle to get off these filters once you're on them. It's like a "No-Fly" list.