I will never forget

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Nor I. Let's all remember. Wouldn't it be nice if Americans could unite as we did back then.
  • I don't think anybody will forget today. We all recall where we were and what we were doing at the exact moment the news was released. Nor will I forget the days after. And yes, we were united with our fellow Americans and Canadians.
  • That day changed the trajectory of my family forever. It had countless ripples throughout the lives of many. And it still does. I was in DC the weekend before this happened for a meeting, a beautiful, peaceful weekend before the world changed. Historians will see that as a date that is a demarkation point for Western Civilization, the ultimate outcome is still being determined.
  • Jeri, presidential historian Michael Beschloss said the same thing last night.

And that it ain't gonna happen
  • How about Todd Beamer and the rest of the 9/11 heroes who gave their lives for our freedom to be recognized on US stamps? Easy choices if you ask me....
  • I'm still waiting for Neil Armstrong and Michael Collins on stamps.
  • There are also many little known stories about 9/11 survivors. My cousin's spouse had taken a group of college students (or recent graduates?) to the Pentagon that week for some sort of certification program. they were in a room on the top (5th) floor of the building and just 70 feet laterally from where the plane struck below them. They were unfamiliar with the layout of the building. The hallways quickly filled with smoke, but Pentagon staff came up from the 4th floor to guided them to safety. They walked to undamaged stairwells away from the fire. In the process of getting to safe stairwells, they walked across a portion of the section of the building that collapsed soon after their departure. Quite a story to tell their grandchildren!