currency

Is there any way to build in an automatic currency converter for major currencies? Delcampe used to have one so maybe it's possible.

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • In Canada the Bank of Canada publishes exchange rates for 26 currencies brought up to date each business day by 16:30 ET. This compared to Canadian dollars.On weekends they use closest business day. I presume there are similar lists in other countries. At present I calculate Canada to US using a Canadian dollar equals 80c USA or working the other way 80c USA plus 25% equals one Canadian dollar. This works within a small fraction but is close enough for a quick calculation. John Talman
  • edited January 2018 0 LikesVote Down
    I would like to see this, as an international seller. Australian dollars are cheaper than US, so my listings appear much more expensive on this website. In addition, I doubt that most US buyers would know the exchange rate, or could be bothered to work it all out. I know that if you sort listings it does rank my listing properly, but do buyers know this?

This feature has been requested before by other international sellers, and I believe it would increase my sales. However, I don't want them to increase too much, as there is no ability to charge registration or insurance on orders of high value and hence I am liable for their loss.
    Most sellers would have these features if they had their own website. Not having them is a hindrance to good business.
  • When I entered this thread back on Jan.23 the Canadian dollar started an upward trend gaining roughly 3% against the US dollar. All of this changed this week with the turmoil in financial circles and a race back to the security of the US dollar.
    Things seem to be back to where they were and I can still use the formula I used on Jan. 23. Gt. Britain may have fared worse while I think Japan did well with their currency. Currency will be interesting to watch during the next while. Not sure if the renewed strength of the US dollar had anything to do with me getting my largest order, this month, on Hip Stamps from a US customer buying at our Canadian prices? He also bought items we had priced in US funds.
  • Sunday Feb. 11, 2018 - When I checked what the Us dollar is worth to the Canadian dollar today a chart on the internet says $100. Us is worth $128.50 Canadian. I noted this upward trend of the US dollar around Jan. 23rd and it seems to be continuing. Some of my offers on Hip Stamps are priced in US funds and some are priced in Canadian funds and thus far I have sold more on Hip Stamps thus far this month than were sold by me on most full months on Hip Stamps during the past year. The recently added Store Stats on Hip Stamps makes it easy to keep track of this. If this trend continues I will quickly pass my entire months sales for Sept. and October on Hip Stamps and perhaps even November and December.
    Sales here are not yet where I would like them but things seem to be improving and I am working hard to see they do.
    Seems like an excellent time for Americans to take advantage of their strong dollar and use them to buy up some bargains in other currencies. John Talman