WOW USPS is really slow these days.

An order bought and paid for on 2/2/2023 was shipped 2/7/2023 per post mark It arrived today Mar 1. 21 days in transit from SC to Texas for regular first class mail.

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited March 2023 0 LikesVote Down
    Tobias,
    I have to agree, but it's even worse than that... I was thinking of posting this earlier, but since you brought the topic up, I'll mention...
    In the last month we had 4 order returned as "Undeliverable". When we checked with the seller, the address we had was 100Q% correct! And the previous month we had 3 or 4 go the same route. It's ridiculous. And we have never had material "lost", but we've had 2 quite high value stamps ($110 and $450) that were sent REGISTERED "go missing".
    The USPS has always been loathsome on the best of days, they are just armature, lazy gits now. Conversely, we've had a total of 0 items not reach us sent from anywhere in the world to Japan.
    There needs to be a class action against the USPS for breach of performance, and quite frankly, just ripping people off. Because now you have to buy NEW postage to re-send it. It's a money maker for them. Totally unethical.
  • I had a tracked envelope returned as "non deliverable as addressed," but explained the situation to my Postmaster and she simply crossed off the message and resent without it costing me any additional money. It was delivered the second time in 2 days from NC to AZ which made the buyer very happy.
  • Yeah, not an option for me as I am shipping from Japan. And this is the really frustrating part because Japan Post if lawless... it's the lazy gits in the US that are the problem, and I have 0 recourse.
  • Flawless, perhaps?
  • What's disappointing to me is that for many years I had exceptional luck and great performance from USPS. SO much so that I abandoned UPS and FedEx because I could move the firearms that I sold online through the mail much more cost effectively and quickly through the mail. And yes a licensed firearm's dealer is authorized to ship firearms through the US Mail. Anyway to date I never had a payment either sent or received go missing, yes on occasion there would be a delay in receiving a payment but never this bad. I am afraid that Mr. Payton's categorization of the average postal employee as "lazy, amateur gits" is becoming the norm. Gone are the days when my former little town post office post master used to run payments up to the house for me on her way to lunch. That PO was the best to me and my small business.
  • Scott - some years back on some discussion forum somewhere , it was mentioned that when Foreign Registered Mail hit the USPS it was forwarded thru the regular mail stream - not as Registered mail used to be. Canada Post will no longer accept Registered mail addressed to the US. Things from here have to go thru some form of parcel service with delivery recorded- In some case a bit cheaper than Registered was.
  • I am currently trying hard to understand why a priority mail flat rate envelope is going to take a week to be delivered from Houston to Norman, Oklahoma. Baffling!!!
  • Consider: DeJoy is still PMG
  • Dennis, yes, it was around 2013 or 2014 i think that USPS made the statement they would not "track" registered mail in the US. It's really sloppy if you ask me. We pay a higher fee, and then they won't honor it. What a load. Guess the UPU doesn't cover this part. Terrible.
  • The insurance offered by the USPS is worthless also. My daughter in TN sent us a package to Washington state with a Mother's Day gift for my wife, combined with a birthday gift for her sister. The package was insured with tracking. Tracking showed that it arrived in Portland, OR but never arrived in WA state. A claim was filed, and denied because the USPS claimed it was delivered somewhere in Portland. A couple of months later she sent us an insured package containing stained glass artwork, packaged very carefully, yet arriving damaged. Again, insurance claim was denied. Why waste your money on USPS insurance when they find every reason to deny reimbursement?