Selling/ Value of inherited collection

I recently came across my mother's stamp collection. There are stamps from all over the world in this book dating back into the 1800s. I would like to sell the whole collection or maybe find out how to get the best money out of the stamps. Is there anyone I could contact that would help me with this. I'm in Johnson City Tennessee in the United States. Quite a few stamps in this collection.

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Sorry but the the stamps shown are all very common and have no to minimal value.
  • You mention stamps from the 1800's, why not show those? This is where the possible value is. Anything post 1940, generally speaking, only errors and multiples of "high face value" (Over $10) have any significant value.
    If there is value in this collection, it will be in these early stamps.
  • edited February 2023 3 LikesVote Down
    Many stamps from the 1800s are worth very little. while there may be some in the collection, the appearance of it is of a beginner or minimalist collector. Such collections are not worth very much. Damaged stamps are mostly worthless.

One thing you could do is to continue her collection. Your will not only honor her memory by doing that, but you will learn about the hobby, stamps, and collecting. It may become your lifelong hobby.
  • Based on what has been posted , the value is not monetary, but rather the family memory of the collector here . It can be disappointing to discover that many old collections reflect the common items of that era .Age does not equal value . Keep it as a keepsake for future generations.