What Scott catalog should I buy

My wife is buying me a Scott catalogue! I’m have United State stamps pre 1940 and world wide pre 1930 and some post 1940

Comments

• 17 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Scott US Specialized and Scott WW Classic Specialized should cover you...for now.
  • What Greg said, but if she's only buying you one, go for the World Classic Specialized. This will cover both your U.S. and world stamps pre-1940.
  • True...if she's only buying one. But buy two..they are small. :smiley:
  • Small? Try to get a wrist brace for xmas, too.
  • If you are not that familiar with the Scott catalogs, when you get it/them, read the front part thoroughly...first...before you do anything else. That part will answer a lot of the questions you might have if you just dive into the listings.
  • Well, I know you world-wide guys are all on for that catalog, and I'm not saying it's not the right one for Shawn either, BUT, I would say it depends on what the lions share of material you have is, what you are planning to do with it (i.e. sell, or keep as a collector). If you're selling and the majority (especially of the valuable stock) is US then go the US Specialized first, and then pick up the world wide later. Just to give a balanced (biased) view. :)
  • His wife should buy him both of them and the recommended wrist brace. And maybe some nice bookends to keep them looking nice on his new bookshelf she is buying him. Just a suggestion.
  • Can I give you her number ! Lol
  • OR...
    You can get digital versions, but the "new" arrangement kind of sucks. Most of us are boycotting Amos over it (publisher of the Scott catalogs), but since you don't have an experience to go on, you may not be as outraged as we are.
  • edited December 2022 1 LikesVote Down
    Why don't we start off with a substantially less expensive older used copy from a dealer on hipstamp? If a new edition really floats your boat, go for it. But do consider the option of a used copy to make sure of yourself. Hell, I'm still using two volumes of the world set from the year '00.
  • The 2021 for US Specialized is the best way to go for an "old" version, as it still contains the "yellow pages" with graded pricing in it, as the last up to date before going to the new "model".
    So if you have that route option, I'd go for that. Even using the digital editions (which are no longer available to buy), we stopped at 2021.
  • I’m outraged if you are
  • Hahahaha. Thanks for the support. :)
  • I have a 2008 edition of the Scott USA Specialized listed for sale right now for $18 with no shipping charges. The selling price covers the shipping charges and the HipStamp and PayPal fees, so it is really being offered for no charge. The pricing may be out-of-date, but it would give you the option of getting a Scott Classic and the USA Specialized for just over the cost of the Scott Classic. It is in like-new condition.

This catalog has just been setting there and I have thought about just removing it from sale and trashing it. It has received a grand total of four views since mid-May when it was listed and has no watchers. All other catalogs I have listed have sold quickly, but they were more up-to-date than this one.
  • Great I’ll send the link to my wife so she can buy it thanks or send me the link
  • Shawn,

Following is my HipStamp store link.

https://www.hipstamp.com/store/okstamps

When you open up my store, there is a column on the top left that lists the "Categories" where items are available. Just go to the bottom of the list and click on "Pubilications & Supplies". The catalog is the only item I presently have available in this category.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

I will be happy to find someone who can use this catalog.

Richard Pauls (okstamps)