How do I create an invoice

Hi! Had a customer ask how much I would take for a large number of lots. I responded with a 20% off offer which he accepted. I've looked around and can't find a way to create a sale and subsequent invoice. Is it up to the buyer to make an offer and me accept? Or is it easier to create a promotion of 20% off for that buyer?

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Just create an invoice for the total dollar amount(make sure you adjust shipping and handling to the agreed upon level) and send the HIP invoice number to the buyer. They can then check out.

I have done this a number of times before and it works just fine.

Bob
  • edited July 2022 1 LikesVote Down
    If the customer has specified specific lots he wants to purchase at one time or wants to purchase multiple copies of the same stamp and have you to choose, I create a new listing titled "Lot Purchase" and send customer that id number. I then pull the stamps and delete each individual prior listing covered by the new listing. I wait to do this until the customer has paid for the lot listing. Sometimes they change their mind and never make the new agreed upon purchase and you don't want to waste time relisting. Should one of the listings be sold to someone else in the meantime, simply refund the buyer the cost of that listing.
  • Much easier way to do it. Go under sellers tool. There is a line for promotions click that link and you can set up multiple or individual listings. Click the link to set up a new promotion and that will take you to the page where you can set up the promotion. Fill out only the lines where you need to till you get to this line

Applies to the Following (Leave Blank for All Listings)

Listings
    In that box you can do a copy and paste of the hipstamp id's separated by a comma. Once that is filled out fill out the rest of the form and submit. Let the customer know that the promotion is set and the 2 of you and from there. (If you do it that way there is no need to try to find the listings that you would need to delete the way they do it or to have to refund if it should sell to another buyer while your messing around with setting it up the other ways.)
  • Interesting option, but to me that sounds more complicated and requires a lot more work on your part. Each to their own. Normally no sales occur when the buyer is prompt in purchasing the lot. Only when they take several days.
  • Actually it's far less work and no where near as complicated as you think it is. Setting up the promotions are fairly easy and can be done fairly quickly. The most time consuming part is doing copying and pasting the Hipstamp ID. Should the customer back out once the promotion ends the listings will go back the default price without you having to do anything else. Outside of the copying and pasting there is not much else you have to do with it. Also with doing it this way when the customer makes their purchase and you print off the invoice, you have all the ID's on the invoice.

However with the way you are doing it, first you are taking time to write a special listing. (If you print that invoice out where are the ID"s numbers to pull the stamps?) How are you getting the ID's to pull those stamps? How much extra time is it taking you to pull the order? How much extra time is it taking you, should the customer go through with the purchase, to delete all those listings that were purchased?

You can do it your way but it sure sounds like it's far more time consuming in the long run than by doing it the other
    way.

• My requests generally pertain to multiple copies of the same issue. I simply go to open listings, search the Scott number and bring up all the listings. I then check the box next to each of the selected stamps from the first 50 listings shown and export that file which includes the necessary ID's and then delete those listings. If more than 50, I then go to the next group and repeat the process. Most of the time I actually modify the existing listing used to transmit the message to create the lot. If sale falls out, I then change it back.
  • Thank all of you. I see there are multiple ways- I chose the Promotion by percentage off with a promotion ID for the seller to use. He even added to the order! Thanks again.
  • A buyer and I have agreed on a price including shipping for a listed item - mint US stamps. He wants me to put them on an envelope and mail them to him. How do I create an invoice for the item at the agreed price? I guess I can manipulate a Promotion for this purpose, but is there a simpler method?
  • Simply create a new listing with the agreed price, but be sure to reduce it by your normal shipping charge. HipStamp will add this automatically when they provide the buyer an invoice. You will be provided a listing id number. Simply send that to your buyer, so he can place his order.