The affix/place/put stamp here on covers

What is it called? I've been digging through printer websites and other sources, trying to figure out if there is a trade name or official term for the little box in the upper right of an envelope or post card that will say various things like, "Stamp" or "The Post Office Will Not Deliver Mail Without Postage" or "Place Stamp Here" etc. I've just been calling them "Place Stamp Here"'s but that is sort of awkward.

Thoughts? I saw one envelope company call it a "statement" and my wife calls them "postage instructions"

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited April 2022 1 LikesVote Down
    I, umm, ah, well.... Yeah, umm, it's, it's the reminder! Yeah, yeah, that's right.....
    I really don't know either. Greg. But, several years ago I had some really good kiloware from Finland. Mostly office clippings, and most had those reminder boxes. Written Finnish has LOTS of vowels, and lots and lots of very big words. Those reminder boxes were packed with words, and just like English, there were many ways to say "put stamp here."
    I saved several and mounted them on a display sheet with "Finland, a small country with a big language problem."
  • Gregory,
    Best to take your wife's advice, just add Indicia at the end "Postage Instructions Indicia"