I Need Some Help!

Last night I discovered I have 68 offers to address. The offers not realistic. For instance I was asking $15.00 the offer was $3.00. I Looked at all and spent a lot of time counter offering. This morning I had another batch of different offers for another large batch of about 80 offers. Just a few minutes I discovered I have 978 offers to look at. What in blazes is going on? Has anyone else had this problem. Again all offers are unreasonable. How do I contact someone to look into this. Thanks much. Tom

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I have never gotten as many, but did receive some ridiculous offers in the past. I basically eliminated this problem by performing a bulk edit to not accept offers. My thought is that advertising you accept offers, simply tells the potential buyer you feel the item is overpriced thus encouraging offers. I still receive some offers via the contact seller option. Those I always respond to and may adjust the price slightly. If you choose to do the bulk edit, simply don't check the box to accept offers. By default, the system will remove the offer option from all of your listings.
  • There is an option to set the minimum price for an offer. Any below that target get refused by Hipstamp on your behalf. Sounds to me like you didn't set a minimum offer. If it was me, and all these offers came from the same person, I would send them and email that I was rejecting all of their offers and if they want to be serious, offer again. Then reject them all unceremoniously.
  • Thank you Don and Jack; I have used accept offers for several years but have never had it abused. I agree with john and it's probably time to do away with it. The vast majority of my customers do not use the offers option and those that do I usually accept. I have never seen this kind of abuse and it takes a great deal of time to respond. This is the 4th day and I have 68 more that just came in. Thanks again. Tom
  • John how do you do a bulk edit for your entire listings. I thought you could on bulk edit selected items. Can one select all items?
  • If one doesn't respond to the offers (from buyer or seller) in the stated time period, doesn't the offer get automatically declined? If someone is abusing the system, and they won't stop after being requested to do so, let the offer sit until it gets declined automatically.
  • You can select all. From members area, select listings. Click the down arrow next to listing. Then select all matching.
  • Thank you John. and thanks Michael. I do believe that will be declines automatically.