Strange listings

Is anyone else getting orders for stamps you do not have in inventory. We just got a very large order (# of stamps, not $) and did not have 4 of the items in inventory. I did a search for everything that might ID the stamps in case I had a typo but nothing turned up. I think I may have had them at some time but previously sold them. I always double check my listings to make sure I have double listed, so I wonder if somehow very old sales are being relisted?

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • When I sell something I always check to see if its really "gone". Because, many, many times when listing items and using a previous item the quantity listed, if you don't double check, is very often wrong. I do check but with the amount of items listed and sales, you always end up missing some, especially that the system does not revert to ONE automatically and with the new version its worse because you have to scroll all the way down the page past lost of useless info. I've written several times that the QTY should be right along with the price. You can be very careful but with the quantities involved you always ending up missing some. Just today, going through about 150 items, I had to adjust downward 2 items and cancel 3 items previously sold. This site is not user friendly in many instances.
    Another example, is feedbacks, I've asked at some of my old customers who regularly place large orders, why they didn't leave a feedback if they were satisfied of my service. I was simply told they didn't have the time to waste looking for the darn place to do ti, even thought I always include the procedure in my "Thank you" not that I send when confirming shipment.
  • Harry,

I had the same issue with one stamp in a small order today. This issue comes up for me about once every two or three months on average (one stamp on an order that is no longer in my possession). I sell anywhere between 300 and 1000 individual items a month, so although not a large percentage of the total, it is annoying. No idea why this happens.
  • Prob 1
    Sold but still up for sale.
  • Yes it has been on going for a while now. At first I thought it was me but it's this site. I sold a stamp one day and it was sold again the next day. I hope they get this straightened out soon.
  • I just finished listing 2 stamps and decided to check my listings. I discovered that one of the stamps was listed two times. Had I not checked that stamp would have been listed twice. Please Hip get this fixed.