wat is the value about that rare Benjamis..

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited June 2019 5 LikesVote Down
    First, you're showing two different stamps. Second, you don't have a rare Benjamin (meaning Scott #596, which you wrongfully claim to have two of them for sale in your store for $99,000 and up).

You want to know why you're not selling stamps? Look at what you have in your store. Then look at what others are selling the same stamps for.
  • To sell a stamp such as 596 a certificate is required from recognized Philatelic Expertise service such as PSE.
  • The stamp is worth what a person is willing to pay for it.... The cataloge or price list is just a guide but not regiment...
  • Then I would submit, Hal, that none of the items in your store are worth what you are asking, because nobody has been willing to pay it.
  • very true...That is until someone wants them....
  • So your earlier reply is a meaningless platitude, as, obviously the question, "What is this worth?" is understood by anyone to mean, "What is the going rate, from someone who wants them?"
  • It is not meaningless as i had a stamp and coin shop in australia and if someone asked me how much is it worth across the phone, i would tell them that exact answer...Then if they insisted i then went on , i would say it depends on condition...Correct??...If they said it is in perfect condition , i would ask them is it a unbroken complete sheet with all perfs intact?? They said no it is a single stamp and i would say it is then not perfect as someone has handled it. I said then is it postmarked, they would say yes and then i say that is used and not perfect...Then i would then ask then to hold it closer to the phone as i have to see it...They did not like that and got angry...I then asked them how much would they pay for my car?? It is Green. Then the penny dropped as they would have to see it. Or simply test drive it... Ted, if you want me to talk to you by phone, i will but if you have read this in a snarky tone ( like most do ) then you will be upset and think i am rude...I dont go arond corners, i simply say things how they are,,,Now all i wanted to know is how can i find out how much time is left on my listings as i am not going to keep things up here if there are no buyers .... My phone is 440 721 1602 if you want tophone or i will phone you and spend my dime. Hal