Conundrum with buyer re address

Sold some Chinese stamps to Chinese buyer in NYC, who paid, but did not send me his full address. Lives in huge apt building with
several hundred units. Refuses to send me his apt number. This is his first purchase since 2017. Something similar happened a year ago and I mailed the stamps to a NYC address but were returned a month later because of insufficient address. What to do???

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited April 2022 1 LikesVote Down
    Cancel the order and issue a refund.
  • Then request that this buyer not purchase from you again. If he does do a refund and contact Hip Stamp staff.
  • not a lot he could do or say at this point that would make me change my mind about a full refund and ban. this has red flag all over it . :-)
  • Check your PayPal sales page for him, see if there is a complete address. It’s the PayPal address you need to send it to, anyway. If the address is not complete there, see above answers.
  • Thanks for all your comments. I cancelled the order and refunded his payment. The HS resolution options are too limited and I had to state stamps out of stock as there was no relevant option to pick.
  • William, I have a similar issue with orders not reaching the buyer. Twice now in Russia, and an envelope came back today with a notation of "Service Temporarily Suspended". Resolution options won't help me on this one, as I mailed the envelope on 2/1, and Hip came back with a message that a new resolution can't be entered for an order that is more than 30 days old.

Any ideas out there how I should handle?
    Thanks much , Ray McIntire
  • Russia is listed ( https://about.usps.com/newsroom/service-alerts/international/welcome.htm ) as a country with suspended service. I use Shipping Easy and have had success in mailing to Australia and New Zealand, but don't know about Russia.

At this point, I would notify the buyer of the problem and ask them if you should hold the stamps for future delivery or refund their money.
    If refunded and the fees paid HipStamp were substantial, I would send them a private message detailing the reason your delayed request for fee cancelation. In the past, they have made exceptions for me due to circumstances beyond my control.
  • We all should add Russia to our list of countries we do not ship to. The US and EU have put some rather harsh restrictions on that government. The one that applies to us is total restrictions on import or export of products; especially products that have an intrinsic value that aids in the conversion of rubles to dollars (like collectable stamps).
  • Thanks much, John-- I appreciate the response!!