Hipstamp sellers' stamps show up on almost all my searches for ANYTHING on Google?

All of a sudden it seems like any Google search (ie recipes) there are Hipstamp sellers stamps popping up. 1) why/how, 2) is this some advertising those specific sellers are paying for?

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • its the way cookies work. :-)
  • Delete the cookies on your machine and they'll all go away (only to be eventually replaced by something else in yer browsing history...).
  • I get that, but how is it decided which Hipstamps ads get included? One in particular is the same series of stamps I'm selling on Hipstamps...actually for a bit less money. And not cheap...> $300.
  • Because the system shows stamps similar to others you’ve looked at. I used to see a lot of ads showing my own listings, asking, “Are you still interested?”
    Maybe they’ve tweaked the algos; I haven’t seen any of my own stamps pitched to me in a while.
  • Just kind of irritating seeing an ad for a set of stamps identical to one you are selling on the same site.
  • John. So you are unhappy about ads that are helping you sell the stamps you want to sell. I must be missing something here…..
  • Bob...it's not my ads showing up. One in particular was an ad of another seller....featuring the same set up stamps I have for sale. Not sure I understand your post....please explain further.

BTW, I zapped all cookies and they are not popping up. Thanks for the advice of George.
  • Glad it helped, John.
    Note, though, Bob's point. Others are seeing different popups than the ones you were seeing. For example, if I looked at 'stamp x' in your store but didn't buy it and moved on, my popups would include your 'stamp x,' in a way advertising your stamp by reminding me of my interest. I find them annoying as well, but I suppose they do help in some sales.
    By any chance, when you were listing your stamp, did you look at the other seller's listing to use as a comp for setting your price? If so, that's why you ended up with his (or her) popups.
  • I get pop ups from the stamps in my watching list.
    It makes me want them more.
    I'd say it's works for the intended purpose.
  • Oh well...I will live with it. I'm pretty much a grouch all the time.