I guess I'm getting too old

I notified some of my customers that I was placing Artcraft Covers on Sale. I said "We have lots of them and we have them all on sale"

Today I got an email from someone who complained: "You apparently do not have all the artcraft cachets on sale. I searched for a number of items that I was after and found no listings."

Is it me. Am I getting too old for this, turning into the grumpy old dealer whose mind has gone stale?
I would LOVE to have a complete Artcraft collection - never mind it would approach 10,000 FDCs - I could find the room...somewhere.

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Count your blessings....getting old beats NOT getting old(er). :smiley:
  • It's the grumpy part that bothers me
  • Just smile all the time. That way when folks look at you, they'll think you're nuts and leave you alone. Works for me!!! LOL!!!!
  • I think you are fine. Your customers however....
  • Yap, he's right. I was looking for a nice VF copy of C3a on cover and you don't have that either! What's going on here!!
  • Peter,

If you are looking for a C3a FDC, I have one (just one). But if you just need a postally used one on cover...I can't help you. :smiley: Keep smiling.
  • Maybe the "we have them all on sale" caused some confusion for the buyer? I think they saw the "we have them all" portion of this and interpreted this to mean that you have literally all the cachets, rather than interpreting it context, where clearly you mean that your entire stock of the Artcraft cachets is on sale.

I'm not suggesting that your wording isn't clear - it seems quite clear in the context.