And After 11+ Years... We've Finally Hit The 100,000 Club!

Wow, what a milestone here with Stampwants / BidStart / Stanley Gibbons / HipStamp! And it only took us 11 years of hard work (mostly uploaded one at a time)! With the wonderful assistance of others, we are now able to upload much more to the system, with confidince! And we are doing just that!

And Andrea is so pleased that SHE was the one to upload that 100,000th listing in our Store! Way to go Girl!

Come see what we have on sale today!
https://www.hipstamp.com/store/lickingoodstamps-just-see-what-we-have-for-you-today

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Congratulations to both of you!

I remember when you first arrived (was it StampWants, or BidStart). You had a learning curve to go through, but you caught on very quickly with hard work and perseverance. Nice job.
  • edited January 2022 1 LikesVote Down
    Yes @Michael Generali , we are both right... LOL... I was a member of Stampwants, as a Buyer. As a Seller, Mark had just changed the name to BidStart! I started my stamp empire come March 2009, and by October 2010 I was selling here on BidStart. That was when FeeBay just revamped their fee schedules and our fees would have went from around $50/mo to well over $400 USD! Wow...

BTW, I don't think many people caught on that the "Numbers" were just your Zip Code! How is the WX way down there in Texas anyways?

Oh, and thanks for your paitence along the ways! You've been highly instrumental to many novice stores here! What a wealth of information you are! And thanks once again for your very kind words!
  • The weather is normal down here for this time of year. January tends to be the coldest month of the year (not counting the two-week New England-style winter weather we had last February and still not recovered from) That equates to 30s and 40s in the morning, and 50s and 60s in the afternoon.

That's right on the ZIP Code. I don't have the PO Box in that post office, but I don't want to change my username.
  • Yup, last February (Valentines Day) sucked big time! Been pretty normal so far around H-Town....so far.
  • I just keep closing my eyes and clicking my heels together - dreaming for those balmy days to return!
    I took a quick video the other week, while over a our friends house, where I tossed a cup of coffee into the air, and it fell to the ground as ice! Always weird to witness that every year! (or you can spit on the sidewalk, and watch it skip across since it froze before it hit the ground!). Or... about the day our dog was out licking the snow, and came in contact with the ice pick! He paniced, and ripped his tounge away, leaving the tip frozen to the pick! His face was full of blood!!! Good thing is it took but just 3 days for him to get back into being himself once again. Poor little Dude! (no wonder his name is Lucky!)...

Enjoy all!
  • It's supposed to get nasty this Thursday and Friday with freezing temperatures and rain, sleet and snow. Just two days, though rather than two weeks. Heavy rain starting Monday leading up to the freeze.